What is online poker?
Online poker is a perfectly established game in the online gambling market. Its precursor was the popularity of television shows that brought the whole enthusiasm for online gambling.
Poker has gained a popularity and fame that until then was reserved only for fans of real casino tables. This is a very old game, with popular variants that come from American poker, became practiced and known by many players.
In a generic way, online poker replicates all the game mechanisms that you will find in a real casino room. That is, you can join a table of 2 to 10 players simultaneously.
You will find the main variants of classic poker, from online texas holdem poker to Omaha poker. But also new modalities of extra fast sit & go games and others.
See below in more detail what is on offer in online poker games. We will talk about the bookmakers, the types of game, the tournaments of the moment, strategies and game tips. Stay tuned.
Benefits of online poker
There are several reasons why we value online poker over live poker games. We all know that poker at real casino tables is an incomparable adrenaline rush, but not everybody has the possibility to play at casino tables.
For one thing, poker at a real casino table implies typically higher buy-ins than in online poker. In other words, you will have to pay more money to join a gaming table. Secondly, it may not be a conducive environment for beginners, because the adrenaline and pressure is real.
Online poker, on the other hand, brings numerous advantages given the democratisation and facilities it offers. It has lower buy-ins, so any player – even with little money in the bankroll – can try a game. It also brings many other advantages and learning experiences:
- Beginners can join a gaming table without excessively risking their available bankroll, as the minimum bet limits are lower compared to real table poker.
- Since they can play from the comfort of their own homes, it is easier to manage emotions, learn from mistakes and play consistently and rationally.
- The prizes in online poker can be just as enticing as in real table poker. In certain tournaments there are even cash tickets or cash prizes in the thousands.
- Online poker creates a very strong community of players with whom you can identify and accelerate your learning.
As we can see there are benefits to both real and online poker, you just have to choose your favourite mode.
Where to play poker online – the three best poker sites
The sites where to play the best online poker include classic bookmakers but also some newer ones. At the head, we could talk about PokerStars as the number 1 in our ranking. But you will also find others of great quality…
- 888 poker – A relatively new but promising operator.
- 1xbet – The offer in non-traditional poker casino is exciting to diversify your game. There is video poker for example, a slot machine version of poker.
Each of these bookmakers offers its own advantages. For example, PokerStars is easily the best bookmaker if you are interested in diverse, classic and real money poker games. With cash games and tournaments as well as a poker school, you have a lot to enjoy.